Couples Resorts is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services.
- Where we obtain the data from.
- What we do with that data.
- How we store the data.
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to.
- How we deal with your data protection rights.
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with Irish and EU data protection laws.
“Couples Resorts” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Couples” in this policy) in this policy primarily refers to Couples Resorts, and where appropriate, to other companies in the Couples Resorts group or other entities over which Couples Resorts exercises management control. Couples Resorts is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about Couples customers. Couples Resorts is registered in Jamaica, registration number 000-318-159, with registered office address at 29 Gloucester Avenue, Montego Bay St. James Jamaica.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, booking reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you book a holiday with with us (either directly or indirectly through a Tour Operator), use our website and / or App, and other websites accessible through our website and / or App, participate in a survey or competition, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other recognized personal ID card numbers and details, credit/debit card or other payment details.
- Advance Passenger Information, which includes your name, nationality, date of birth, gender, passport or ID number, expiry date and country of issue.
- Travel history, including information related to your flights and services booked in connection with your flights.
- Information you provide about your and your companions’ travel preferences.
- Information about your purchases of our trusted partners’ products and services.
- Information about your use of our website and/or App.
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your flight or accomodation, including requested flight changes.
- Communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of.
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities.
- Immigration/customs control safety: we may be obliged to provide your information to border control agencies.
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements.
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us.
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us and to personalise the services we offer to you, such as special offers.
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can enter into our contract of carriage with you.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation (e.g. Immigration or customs requirements).
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses).
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. in case of a medical emergency).
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as a Hotel (e.g. for administrative purposes).
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, and the purposes for which we process it.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations, to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted over SSL, stored by a compliant third party, in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
International Data Transfer
Couples Resorts operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions, some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within the Couples Resorts Group.
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports in your itinerary or to which your flight may fly over for compliance with legal requirements.
- Trusted GDS (Global Distribution System) agents through which you book your Ryanair flight.
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business, such as third party sales and marketing teams, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team swith running customer surveys, and providing targeted marketing campaigns.
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment and flight booking to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you.
- Our trusted third party ancillary partners (who offer travel related products and services on our website: If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties such Travel Insurance, you may be a customer of both Couples Resorts and these third parties, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as your contact details and your billing information. We are not responsible for third parties’ use of your personal data where such use is permitted for their own purposes. Please consult their privacy policies for further information.
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your reservation. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us using the contact details on our website.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
When you browse www.couples.com and/or any web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Couples Resorts without registering for any online service, you do so anonymously. Personal information including your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address, is not collected as you browse. Couples Resorts does, however, employ “cookies” to obtain information on how our site is used. Information, such as the server on which your computer is logged onto, browser type, and whether you responded to a Couples Resorts hyperlink or e-mail, is collected and tracked in aggregate. This information is used internally to measure the response rates to hyperlinks and e-mail offers as well as overall website activity.
Couples Resorts collects the IP addresses used to access our website and the dates and times of access. This information is used internally to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not personally linked to identifiable information.
Registration for Online Products & Services
In order to provide you with a particular product or service online, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your e-mail address, for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, submitting an application or booking request, placing an order, or participating in online surveys and/or contests and enabling us to provide an online product or service to you in an efficient manner. If you are known to us as a registered user of an Couples Resorts online product or service, we may combine information about your use of www.couples.com and/or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Couples Resorts and the online product or service you utilize with certain other online and offline information we have about you as an Couples Resorts customer and information you have provided to us as well as information available from external sources in order to customize your online experience and present you with relevant online and offline offers and updates. We also may use a “cookie” to enable our server to recognize you as a registered Couples Resorts online service user when you re-enter our website.
We may use information you have given us to, for example, provide a service, ensure proper booking, measure consumer interest in our various products and services and inform you about products and services. If you have provided your e-mail address to us or to a company we’ve partnered with to make their products and services available to you, we may send you e-mail. These e-mails may be based on information you provided in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, from information that may indicate purchasing preferences and lifestyle, as well as information available from external sources. These e-mails come directly from Couples Resorts. You can opt-out from receiving e-mail from Couples Resorts as described below in the section, “Declining E-mail”. When we send e-mails to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. If your email address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML emails. Please note that we do not provide your email address to our business partners. However, we may send you promotions on behalf of our business partners. Keep in mind that if you take advantage of an offer from a Couples Resorts business partner and become their customer, they may independently wish to send you emails. In this case, you will need to inform them separately if you wish to decline receiving future communication from them.
Couples Resorts provides customers with an easy means to decline receiving emails. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving emails from us by simply replying to the email and informing us of your preferences.
Direct Mail & Customer Info
To decline receiving Couples Resorts mail or if you have a question or concern, please call Couples Resorts at (0207) 749 92 89 or contact us by email.
Linked Internet Sites
Other Internet sites to which you link from any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Couples Resorts may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions of our Internet Privacy Statement.