Couples Commitment To CDC Standards of clean
At Couples Resorts, nothing is more important to us than ensuring the health and well being of our staff and guests. In accordance with disease prevention guidelines issued by the Centre for Disease Control, World Health Organisation, and Jamaica’s Ministry of Tourism, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health & Wellness, we are adhering to the following new or enhanced protocols as follows:
for prevention and detection.
- Semi-Contactless Check In – As a guest of Couples Resorts, you are entitled to many of the perks and privileges of "Romance Rewards" beginning on your very first visit to our all-inclusive hotels in Jamaica. One of the highlights includes the option to check-in up to three days prior to your arrival here. Simply register online prior to your arrival, then complete your check-in at the resort via tablet stand or your mobile device.
- Couples Resorts App features to include general information, requests, concierge reservations, and more.
- Guest & Employee Temperature Screenings – Before entering Couples' airport shuttles, guests' temperatures will be taken. Employees' temperatures will also be taken prior to the start of their shifts.
- Adhere to all social distancing guidelines in our restaurant seating and on transfer buses.
- Onsite Detection Team – There will be an Onsite Detection Team at each property consisting of the resort general manager, operations manager and director of security, responsible for establishing a procedure to handle any detection of a potential case.
- Arrival – Welcome packets will be ready in advance for self pick up. Otherwise, designated floor markers will guide guests in a queue to maintain the six-foot margin between them at the front desk, which is equipped with clear Perspex. All team members will wear personal protective equipment. The Bellman will escort guests to their rooms and use a sanitized towelette to open the door. The golf cart used for the transfer of guest luggage to rooms is cleaned and sanitized after each batch of deliveries, and the Lobby public spaces and restrooms will be continuously cleaned and sanitized.
- Dining – Restaurants will be seated at a lower capacities with 6-feet between tables. All tabletops will be sanitized prior to each use and Couples' restaurant kitchens will be deep cleaned daily. All buffets and self-serve stations will be replaced with a la carte dining or staff-managed service. The Bar service will continue within the ambit of normal operations. However, the cleaning and sanitization protocols for the bars will take place at a higher rate of frequency, and all barstools have been removed from the counter to manage social distancing.
- Excursions – Some excursions will be restricted due to government guidelines. Please check with the Tour Desk about availability upon arrival. The team is ready to meet your expectations through contactless options involving telephone consultations for private candlelight dinners, private cruises, and restaurant reservations. In addition, guests have the opportunity to use online platforms for booking reservations. The Guest Services Desk will be outfitted with clear Perspex, as well as hand sanitizer stations in location.
- Entertainment Programmes – The location for performances will take place in our resort Terrace spaces. Guests will be seated as a couple, maintaining a distance apart from other guests of six feet. Popular Piano Bar events will be relocated to the more spacious Terrace locations. Cocktail hour in the Piano Bar is hosted at a monitored, reduced capacity which adheres to the national regulation. The popular Jamaican Cooking Class, as well as the Jewellery-Making Class and Basket-Weaving Class, will be set up with social distancing in mind.
- Fitness Centre – Our fitness facilities will now be disinfected at a greater frequency. In addition, the fitness centre will be closed at midday daily for a complete cleaning and sanitization.
- Spa & Boutique – Spa appointments will be managed so that social distancing is maintained in the reception area. Spa therapists will be wearing protective gear. All guests are required to complete a questionnaire prior to spa services to receive information about recent respiratory conditions. Shopping experiences in our resort boutiques are also adapted to manage social distancing, and floor markers have been added to designate a distance of 6 feet between shoppers in the queue. Hand sanitizing stations have also been added at the store's entrance.
AND SANITATION PROCEDURES.
- Staff – Couples Resorts staff have been trained with frequent hand washing, as well as wearing gloves and masks. Back of house areas such as offices, laundry rooms and staff entrances will be deep cleaned daily. All team members are required to practice social distancing when necessary. All team members will wear correct personal protective equipment that is fit to the purpose of their duty by design, and some frontline locations will be adapted with Perspex shields. Additionally, team members will receive specialized training regarding hygiene and protocols related to COVID-19.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations & High Traffic Areas – Hand sanitizer stations have been added to high-traffic areas and Couples has increased the cleaning frequency of public areas.
- In-room Cleaning – Guest rooms will be deep cleaned with CDC approved cleaning agents from Ecolab that are effective in disinfecting against the coronavirus. We have heightened our cleaning and sanitization programmes, enforcing protocols with a focus on high-contact surfaces. Separate teams have been established for breaking down check-out rooms and preparing fresh rooms for arrival. In addition, air conditioning filters will be sanitized after every departure, and a 48-hour rest time will be required between room departure and room check-in.
- Two masks will be made available in every room. Masks will also be available upon request. Masks will only be necessary in areas where social distancing is not possible.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces, including high-touch surfaces such as elevator buttons and door handles.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of "back of house" areas, such as staff entrances, laundry rooms, and offices.
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitization of all kitchen and spa areas.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of all tabletops, including between every use.
- Resort Signage – To support guest awareness at the resort, we will have relevant signage posted which reiterates significant points of health and safety. Guests will be reminded to practice proper handwashing and social distancing. In addition, guests will be reminded to telephone the resort's nurse for medical assistance should they experience respiratory symptoms.
- Airport Transfers – Airport shuttles will be cleaned prior to and following each transfer; social distancing will be implemented with reduced passengers on each bus at a maximum of 50% capacity. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the ground transfers, and once aboard buses, guests are offered hand sanitizing towelettes.
- Beach & Pool Areas – Lounge chairs will be spread out in pairs on the resorts' beach and pool decks to meet social distancing guidelines of 6 feet apart. Chaise lounges, pool floats, and pool furniture will be sanitized frequently throughout the day. Swimming pools and jacuzzis will also be operated at reduced capacity.
- Water Sports & Diving – Equipment will be stringently wiped down after each use. We have augmented our cleaning and sanitization protocols for boats, small vessels, and sporting equipment. Additionally, our dive and snorkel expeditions will operate at 50% capacity to maintain social distancing