We We understand that the weather warnings of Hurricane Matthew may cause our guests to consider changing their travel plans. For guests who booked directly with Couples Resorts and are scheduled to arrive between Saturday, October 1 and Tuesday, October 4, but are unable due to flight cancellations or resort closure, the following options are offered:
For arriving guests, penalties will be waived and options are as follows:
- These guests will receive a Stay Credit (hotel only) and can elect and may chose to arrive within 30 days after the storm has passed, at the original rate, for the same number of nights. In this case, Couples Resorts will make every effort to confirm the dates and original room category. Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees.
- Alternatively, these guests can receive the same Stay Credit (hotel only), but may stay for fewer nights and will receive a hotel credit valid for travel October 5, 2016 through December 15, 2016 or July 15, 2017 through December 15, 2017 for the number of nights not used (subject to availability at the resort). Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees.
The airline portion for each guest’s package is non-refundable. If a guest is unable to travel, he or she must contact the airline to avoid “no show” penalty. Otherwise, his/her air credit is valid up to one year from the date his/her airline ticket was issued. Most airlines will have fees to rebook – this will be at the guest’s own expense.
Hotel portion: Subject to same cancellation rules listed above (See “Payment & Cancellation Policies”).
For guests on property who feel the need to depart early:
- Penalties will be waived and guests will receive a Stay Credit (hotel only) for travel July 15 through December 15, 2016 or July 15 through December 15, 2017 for the number of nights interrupted. This needs to be booked through the same channel as the original reservation. Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees
For guests on property if the resort is damaged and remains closed for an extended period of time:
- Guests may elect to stay at one of the other available Couples Resorts locations at the same rate and, if available, comparable room category. Should this option be utilized, no further compensation will be offered. Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees.
- Alternatively, guests can elect to receive a Stay Credit (hotel only) and postpone their arrival for more than 30 days after storm has passed. In this case, Couples Resorts will authorize a full room credit for travel November 5, 216 through December 15, 2016 or July 15, 2017 through December 15, 2017. Couples Resorts will guarantee the original rate (and category, if available) regardless of travel date. Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees.
For guests on property who are forced to extend their stay due to storm related flight delays.
- Couples Resorts will charge a distressed traveler nightly rate of $304 per room per night for each extended night, to be paid upon departure. Couples Resorts is not responsible for airline fees.
For guests who purchased travel insurance through Couples Resorts:
- Guests who booked directly with Couples Resorts had the option of purchasing TripMate travel protection prior or at the time of the final payment. These guests will receive a credit voucher in lieu of the compensation mentioned above. Guests will be able to use this dollar amount credit to purchase future trip without any blackout date restrictions.
If a guests has products and services provided by third party suppliers included in his/her vacation, such as airline tickets, car rentals or vacation insurance:
- Please contact these parties, as he/she may be responsible for any non-refundable payments, cancellation or change fees assessed by those suppliers.
HOW TO STAY UP-TO-DATE
In the event of an imminent hurricane, Couples Resorts will post regular advisories on the message board, website and social media platforms to inform guests of the travel dates covered by the Hurricane Policy. The message board will be updated for as long as it is necessary. If a guest’s travel date is not specified, standard cancellation/no-show penalties will apply. Couples Resorts utilizes the official website of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (www.noaa.gov), to determine projected path and strength probabilities. If a storm has been declared a hurricane and the resorts/destination appear within the “Cone of Influence” on the 3-Day Tracking Map, the following policies and procedures will apply.
Each guest should consult with his/her airline and travel agent that booked the stay or call 01582 79 44 20 for more information.
The safety and well-being of all of our guests at Couples Resorts is of the utmost importance. Please be assured that the resort management and staff have the training, resources and experience to enable our guests to weather any storm.